Eating is a biological necessity but the lifestyle of the times that run sometimes triggers an unbridled appetite.
Spend the day hungry? There are signs and reactions that you may be confusing with hunger.
Here’s the highlights of seven things you may think are a sign of hunger but they are not:
1. Badly asleep night. Studies suggest that sleeping less than eight hours a night can make you make worse food choices and overdo the doses.
2. Procrastination. Often food is used as an excuse to not perform a task or start a task. Confirm whether you are going to eat because you are hungry or because you want to delay work. If you still want to eat, opt for a salad instead of sweet or savory snacks.
3. Dehydration. Sometimes hunger can be a symptom of thirst. Before you go eat, drink a glass of water to realize what it really needs.
4. Stress. Anxiety and stress are the most common causes of binge eating, since they can be a way to comfort yourself.
5. PMS and pregnancy. During the period of premenstrual tension (PMS) and pregnancy, women feel food cravings because of hormone deregulation. But you have to be careful that these desires do not turn into extra pounds.
6. Sadness. Feeling sad can alter the levels of serotonin in the body. Known as the pleasure hormone, it is released when you eat. So when you are sad eating can bring almost instant relief. But it has damage in the medium and long term, of course.
7. Compulsion. The more sugar you consume, the greater the craving for this type of food. Leptin is a hormone that controls satiety and foods with high sugar content impair its performance.- Advertisement -