Monster Hunter World’s first (and last) major expansion is out now with Iceborne, introducing a new region, heaps of new weapons and armor, and Master Rank to the game. The latest update accompanying it has also brought several changes and new features for the base game. If you’re on PS4 and Xbox One, it may be worth logging in and playing around with the new stuff.
Guardian Armor is available for free to everyone and provides very strong defenses. If you want a set for completing High Rank quests or jumping into Iceborne, then this should work well. There’s the new Clutch Claw, which lets you grapple onto monsters; new moves and combos with each weapons; and increased Palico level and gadget proficiency.
Hunter Helper has also been added, rewarding High Rank players with Gold and Silver Wyverian Prints for helping Low Rank players. Pendants can also be earned that dangle off of your weapon of choice. Of course, weapons have also been changed up with the Gunlance and Insect Glaive seeing buffs while weapons like the Bow and Longsword have been slightly nerfed. Check out the full changes here. You can also check out GamingBolt’s official review for the expansion here.
- Clutch Claw added.
- New moves and combos, etc. added to all weapons
- All weapons can now fire the Slinger with the weapon unsheathed.
- New training area features added.
- Increased Palico level and gadget proficiency.
- Tailraiders can now be mounted after establishing good relations with the Lynian tribes. Tailraider monsters will automatically move to areas when directed.
New System Features
- View Mode for taking screenshots has been added. View Mode can be accessed from the start menu under System.
- New character parts added.
- Character creation now features numerical values for your character’s customization.
- Your room in Seliana can now be redecorated.
- The Radial Menu can now be used while in base for things such as gestures, poses, and stickers.
- HUD display options added.
- New emblem designs for the squad emblem, as well as the ability to re-edit emblems has been added.
- Sub-leaders can now be assigned to a squad.
- Squad Card added – A Squad Card is similar to a Guild Card in that only the Squad leader and sub-leader can give it to other players. Players who accept a Squad Card can use it to send a request to join the squad.
- Palico Edit Vouchers can now be purchased from the store, allowing you to change the appearance of your Palico.
- Temporal Mantle effects have been changed and adjusted.
- Some skill effects have been fixed.
- Some weapon effects have been fixed.
- The decoration name below has been changed: “Smoke Jewel” > “Survival Jewel”
- The skill names below have been changed:
– “Sporepuff Expert” > “Survival Expert”
– “Aquatic Expert” > “Aquatic/Polar Mobility”
- Two player difficulty has been added to multiplayer. When going on a quest with two players, the difficulty will be adjusted to this setting.
- Extra slots for item loadouts
- Extra slots for the equipment box and equipment loadouts
- Extra slots for your wishlist
- The Research Base now has a Smithy proxy and Resource Center.
- Layered armor can now be created at the Smithy.
- Some rules for the display colors of character names have been changed.
- Endemic life now appears in a variety of sizes.